Hi! Come on in and look around!

Welcome to my window on the world. A snapshot of my life and experiences. I'm a photography junkie and a scrapbook addict. I capture it all here, and share my journey down this amazing road called LIFE with you!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Living Miracle and A True Friend Knows Your Heart

I often wonder how God does it all. I mean, He knows us down the every hair on our head. Every star in heaven has a name. He has a plan for each of us, down to the minutest detail. And so He has set me on a path to Kenya. He has opened the doors for me, and people have reached out in such an amazing way.

Yesterday, while I was working, a man said that he thought the cross on my neck was "cool". I started explaining about my mission trip and that I was making crosses for it. Next thing you know, he had bought the cross of my neck to support me. A complete stranger!

My dear friend, Patsy Lee, is a Christian mentor to me. I often go to her with problems, and she gives me advice from a Christian perspective. She is very wise, and I have yet to have her be wrong! We like to exchange gifts every year. Just a lil sumpn', and this year her gift to me was a donation to my mission trip with a beautiful card. I nearly cried. A true friend knows your heart. She knows my deepest desire is to serve in the mission field in Kenya, and so her gift to me was to help me along on that journey. I was so deeply touched. But she knew this trip was my heart because she is my true friend.

Yesterday, I went over to my dear friend, Beverly Surma's house. We were baptised together at NewSpring. We started in small group together, and now I'm the small group leader. She is a riot! We went and saw Adam Lambert together and rode in her red hot convertible...nearly froze to death on the way home, but that's what you do with good friends! We exchanged a lil sumpn' for each other. And she knows my heart. Back in September, she got me the most gorgeous cross at the Darlington Sweet Potato Festival. This was before she knew I was making them like a fiend, and before she knew I was selected for Kenya. I had put in for it! But a true friend knows your heart.

I have had some issues with an untrue friend here recently. It makes me appreciate that true ones that much more. You don't have to donate to my mission trip. You can pray. I need prayer. Nancy Beach and Anne Caturano Semmler have offered prayer. And Kristin Furfaro. This is huge. Prayer will allow me to receive the most from this journey.

Anyway,
A lying tongue hates those it hurts,

and a flattering mouth works ruin. Proverbs 26:28

If you lie and are deceptive towards someone who is your supposed friend, it is obvious you do not really like them. And if you try to flatter them with false flattery, again, it is obvious you do not like them. Sad, but true.

I don't want to dwell on the negative. Just so happy about the positive and uplifting journey I am on as I raise money for Kenya. Each of you has made this journey possible. Each of you will be in my pocket on a piece of paper and prayed for every day as I am in Kenya.

One of my favorite quotes is, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

I gave that to my mom when she was put on the transplant list. It applies to Kenya, but I'd like to add, begins with a single friend...and grows closer, one at a time!

No comments: