Hi! Come on in and look around!

Welcome to my window on the world. A snapshot of my life and experiences. I'm a photography junkie and a scrapbook addict. I capture it all here, and share my journey down this amazing road called LIFE with you!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Cheerleading Scrapbook





I am having a time today getting this stinkin' blog to work. I don't know if it is me or the blog.

I have made my dd a scrapbook for each year she has been a cheerleader. It is alot of fun for both of us. One thing I have learned is to let her take pictures, too. You get her perspective as well as mine. She does enjoy sharing these books with her friends, which is nice for me, too! Her friends like to see what new pages I have created. I think it is like a yearbook, they are looking for themselves!

I used an 8x8 format for last year because I like the challenge of the smaller page. I found that paper was my main embellishment with a few accents here and there. I do prefer to use other colors than the school colors just because you will die of boredom if you don't.

I do have a folder full of cheerleading stuff: paper and rubons and embellishments and die cuts. If I see something I like, I buy it for future use! You will see on one of my lo's I used a transparency of my own design. When in doubt, make it yourself!

I was in a sb store in WI not too long ago that had a whole wall of all the local schools. I'm talking albums, stickers, die cuts of mascots, coordinating everything. It made me so wish my sb store would do that. It really is hard to find things in the right colors. Not that I can't make her book without it, but it would be fun to have some of those things available.

No comments: