Hi! Come on in and look around!

Welcome to my window on the world. A snapshot of my life and experiences. I'm a photography junkie and a scrapbook addict. I capture it all here, and share my journey down this amazing road called LIFE with you!

Friday, September 01, 2006

The Pocket Page and More






















The Pocket Page
There is so much you can do with the pocket page. This particular page is a knock-off of a layered idea I have seen before. I just keep finding memorabilia that I want to save from this once in a lifetime trip. This way, I have room for those little things I thought I put in my memorabilia storage bag I was using, but apparently didn't! I mean where else am I going to put the purple wrist bands that we wore at the pool so we could get towels? Or the coaster from the bar or the empty coffee bag from the coffee we bought?
I really like the white stamp pad as you can probably tell. The stamps are CS and from their Surf's Up kit. They are unmounted. The letters are some foam stamps I got on sale at hobby lobby. It is one of my favorite fonts. I just wiped my chipboard letter with ink and then took some white ink and dabbed it on. Yes, my ink pad got dirty, and I had to clean it. Bad idea, cool look. This is not an amazing page, but a practical one, and sometimes you need practical.
Don't be afraid of old stuff in your stash.
My second lo had me reverting to my chalking days with some die cuts from Deluxe Cuts that I have had forever. I got out my chalks and went to town on these blah die cuts. If you know me, my motto is "it doesn't matter what color an embellishment is, you can always change it if it doesn't match". I gussied them up a bit to bring out the colors on the leis my dh and I are wearing. This page is a little distorted because it was in my album, but you get the idea. I inked my paper water glass coaster from our hotel room with the same ink that I used on the "M" on the previous lo. I just really like that effect. I used some shells as the flower center. Flower is more memorabilia from Hawaii. And I had one last stinkin' sticker which just so happened to match the colors in this lo so I used it.
Don't you just love that postcard? I think postcards are fabulous to us in scrapbooking when you travel. Some of my other lo's have postcards in them, too.
Now I thought I was done with this album, but I found a group photo of all the attendees and my dh's company newsletter came with the same photo in it. So I actually have two more pages to whip out, but then I will really be done my Hawaii album.
Not every page has to be a masterpiece.
This album is complete. It is a great feeling. Yes, I could have used more embellishments, more paper, more paint, more ink, more stamps, more special effects, but I would still have those 15o some odd photos lying around waiting to be scrapbooked. I am not one to COUNT and feel accomplished by the quantity as some folks do (CM you know who you are), but I do have a goal oriented personality and having this album hanging over my head is not FUN. This way, I have the memories to enjoy already and the delight in knowing it is complete. Satisfaction, dahlings! It's a great feeling! So quit worrying that your pages won't all be ART to hang in the LOUVRE in PARIS. It doesn't matter. The important thing is, you have something to show people and yourself about your trip.

No comments: