Hi! Come on in and look around!

Welcome to my window on the world. A snapshot of my life and experiences. I'm a photography junkie and a scrapbook addict. I capture it all here, and share my journey down this amazing road called LIFE with you!

Monday, October 16, 2006

Sketch Challenge



I'm not a big fan of sketches. It just is hard for me to fit my free flowing brain into that kind of boxed-in environment. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with doing them. I find it is harder for me to fit my brain in that arena than for others. However, I did do one Saturday night for an online crop. The crop itself was lame as the hostess didn't really have anything for us to do..., but that website is kind of odd anyway so I shouldn't have been surprised! Anyhoooooooo, she did pick a sketch from some sketch artist she likes and had us do a layout. I did it, and I think every once in a while we need to step out of our comfort zone, especially if our mojo is on hold for whatever reason!!! I was rather pleased with my results, although my picture makes the straight lines of paper look crooked. they are not. I just couldn't get my scanner to work. I have a great all-in-one printer that is terrific for absolutely everything, except apparently scanning my layouts. I'm not complaining because the photo quality is so good, people don't realize I printed my pictures at home when I'm cropping!
Anyway, here is the sketch and my layout. I did turn the sketch on its side because my pics didn't work with it the way it was originally drawn.

I was in a contest recently at an unnamed website where the prize was $100 worth of scrapbook product for first place and then there were other prizes for 2nd and 3rd. It was 5 rounds. I made it through round 4. I appreciate competition. It brings out the best, and there was some amazing stuff that was done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay Leigh... I'm dying to know the source of the online crop... I agree - quite unethical for the staff to be included. They may be great, but they are staff... this is nancy at neh634@charter.net... from Georgia!