Hi! Come on in and look around!

Welcome to my window on the world. A snapshot of my life and experiences. I'm a photography junkie and a scrapbook addict. I capture it all here, and share my journey down this amazing road called LIFE with you!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cheerleading Camp and Recipe Page

This lo was created using the Mystical Skies kit available at Rasberry Road. Just click on my blinkie over on the side to get a peak at more of Susan Darter's clever kits. She has such great variety.

This page was created using Homemade Goodness and Farmer's Market kits by Rasberry Road. The recipe card and the QP without the recipe are part of a participation prize for this month's challenge. I hope you will check it out. Personally, I can't wait to get all the QP's just to whip out a quick recipe book for a Christmas gift!

I worked on a lo last night for Becky Fleck's Page Maps coming out in September. I finally got it done. I just couldn't get it right. You know how that goes sometimes, but the great thing about digi is you can just delete what you don't like. Anyway, I can't post it because it is going to be pubbed. So as soon as it is, I will post and link so you can see it.

I ran my 1.25 miles on the street today. Big accomplishment as last time I ran only 1 mile because when I rounded the corner and looked up and saw that hill, I completely unpsyched myself. Today I was focused, determined and completely in the zone. So I am very happy! YAY! It was also alot cooler today than it has been for a while.

I will say this: I need some new running shoes. I wore an old pair and my shins and knees told me about it. That's usually how I can tell when my shoes are gone. Plus my hips will hurt later. No biggee. Just a reminder of how important it is to run in the right shoes because the stress it puts on your joints can lead to other things down the road. You gotta take care of yourself and have the right equipment! But my running shoes are $100. And yes, that is alot of money. However, I have tried cheaper pairs and the same thing happens...sore shins, sore knees, sore hips. Once you find a pair that does the trick for you, you really have to stay with them.

I ran so many errands yesterday. I had to take a nap! But I think that might be my new bp medicine as well. I've been jacked up for a while...zippy and so not feeling that way, makes me sleepy. Gotta get used to it.

I hope you will check out the Authentic Artistry blog. They have some freebie templates posted today. HERE.

I guess I'm feeling chatty today! LOL! My kids are cramming in all the fun they can before school starts. They are cracking me up. And dh is so addicted to the Olympics. Now he has all of us, and the kid's friends, glued to the t.v. routing on the athletes.

3 comments:

SarahB said...

What a fun layout! Love scrapped recipe pages too!

movefearlessly said...

very nice pages! good luck with your running.

Melanie H said...

Your recipe card and layout look wonderful Leigh, is it okay if I try that recipe some day. It sounds divine.