Hi! Come on in and look around!

Welcome to my window on the world. A snapshot of my life and experiences. I'm a photography junkie and a scrapbook addict. I capture it all here, and share my journey down this amazing road called LIFE with you!

Thursday, October 13, 2005

ATC's


I was recently in an ATC swap for Birth Months. This was really my first official ATC swap. I rather enjoyed making my cards and was curious to see what others would do. Of the 10 I got back, 2 were mine, instead of just one because someone welched out. Party pooper! So of those 8, three were absolutely terrific and clever. Two were embarrassing or should be to their creators, and three were ok. I'm not sure what others thought of mine so maybe I shouldn't be saying that.

I have included this lovely little template that shows how to maximize an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper to get the most ATC cards out of it with the least amount of waste. I got it at a website called Mirkwood designs. So you need to go there if you want to get it life size to print out. Me, I'm too lazy. I just took the dimensions and my trimmer and went to town.

I can't decide if I want to do another swap or not. I'm intrigued with the whole concept and the history of these cards which you can find on the web. It is a great way to express yourself with your art and share with someone else. Maybe that is why I was bothered with the two really bad cards because, surely those people are not that un-artistic or unexpressive and that is how they put themselves out there.

I will post all the cards I got the next time I blog.

No comments: