Hi! Come on in and look around!

Welcome to my window on the world. A snapshot of my life and experiences. I'm a photography junkie and a scrapbook addict. I capture it all here, and share my journey down this amazing road called LIFE with you!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Altered Book Project for Secret Pal




I have a secret pal for a retreat I am going on this year. It was supposed to be a card swap, but I just am card challenged. I made her some other stuff, including this altered book made from a real book. For those of you who are offended by defacing of books, you better not read on cuz it starts with an exacto knife and gets worse.
I took a hard back book I bought for fifty cents from a local thrift shop. I cut out the pages leaving only the covers and the spine. I then covered the book cover, both inside and out, with paper. I saw this in a book I got from the library about altered art. The spine was reinforced with book binding tape, although you can use tyvek envelopes like you get in the mail. We love to use our scraps, don't we! I sewed in my signatures with waxed linen thread and used beads as a fun accent. I tore the paper for my signatures to give some added texture as I am a very tactile person. I hope my secret pal liked it. I left it really undecorated so that she could alter it to suit her personality. That is something I like to do.

No comments: