Hi! Come on in and look around!

Welcome to my window on the world. A snapshot of my life and experiences. I'm a photography junkie and a scrapbook addict. I capture it all here, and share my journey down this amazing road called LIFE with you!

Sunday, August 13, 2006

A new Halloween Layout



I think I was in a small slump over the summer. Last Friday I went to a crop at my lss. That is always a good way to get over a hump. Although, I thought I had lost my creativity and talent with a couple of the lo's I did. They just needed some doctoring up when I got home so I fixed them right up on Saturday with all my goodies in my scrap room. To quote my husband, "you sure have alot of stuff!" OMG, he has no idea. I told him it really was nothing compared to some of the sb rooms I have seen!
I had to scrap today, too. These were some photos I had printed out over the summer from film I shot last year. Sound typical! I blew one up because I really liked the colors. To get this to post, the colors are kind of washed out. I do apologize for that. It loses a little from that. I turned to my trusty color wheel to select colors to accent the orange in the pumpkins and really bring out the Halloween!
I just had to use my newest stamps that I got 1/2 price from Hobby Lobby earlier this summer. It's such a fun font. The card stock is CS, and the light patterned paper and tags are from Daisy D's Attic Collection, which I just adore. My brad is a dark copper, which brings out the paisly outline in that paper. I used an orange Brilliance pad to make the pumpkin obnoxious since we do buy the biggest pumpkins we can find for our money.
Now I just have to figure out how to get to a crop with what I really want to use without bringing everything but the kitchen sink. And truly I could bring that, too, cuz I would probably use it!
I'm thinking about bringing my SEI paper to crops. It is color wheel based, and would go great with some photos I have in mind to do.
I'm about to leave for the CS 2006 August Retreat. I can hardly wait. At first I was a little disappointed that Tim Holtz wasn't coming. He is such an artist and so inspiring, but I know that talented crew up there in Wisconsin won't let us down. I'm sure I will have much more to say about that.
Oh, I did finish my dd's cheer album for last year at the crop so that is very constructive and did knock out a few more pages for my Hawaii album. I only have about 100 more photographs to go, but they are mostly scenery. I'm thinking of doing like a postcard collage type lo for the rest of those photos on each page. I think that will work and bring out my pics while still telling my story.

No comments: