Hi! Come on in and look around!

Welcome to my window on the world. A snapshot of my life and experiences. I'm a photography junkie and a scrapbook addict. I capture it all here, and share my journey down this amazing road called LIFE with you!

Monday, February 06, 2006

Valentine Cards



My dear friend, Nancy who lives in Florida, showed me a fabulous quickie way to knock out some cards using about 3 sheets of pattern paper and pre-cut cards. I made 8 Valentine cards the other day. This is just a sample. The chocolate cut-outs are from Feb. '05 Club Scrap Chocolate kit. The other paper is Anna Griffin. I'm not sure who made the stamp. One card I used my Ranger Distress Inks to age for something different. Inside they all have "Happy Valentine's Day" stamped in red.
I'm trying to keep up with my goal of posting something every day. I'm doing pretty good!
Yesterday and Saturday I spent a good bit of time organizing my scrap room. Hobby Lobby had a sale on their albums and storage containers so I bought a few and put all my pages away that I had been storing and sorted through some memorabilia and put that away. Very satisfying. It's getting better in there. There is hope for that room!!!
Finally, some dear friends, the Wallaces sent me a photograph of my Dad on the USS DeHaven because that ship is having a reunion and are putting together some stuff. He is second from the back holding the fishing pole!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I'm a lousy crafty friend--i haven't checked your blog in ages :-) But then I see myself immortalized on this post and I just had to comment on your fab cards using my quickie card method! They are too cool as usual...I think the stamp looks familiar--could it be a SU freebie stamp?

So when are we going to get together and knock our some more cards? I need to have my best crafting buddy to inspire me :-)

Love ya,
Nancy