Hi! Come on in and look around!

Welcome to my window on the world. A snapshot of my life and experiences. I'm a photography junkie and a scrapbook addict. I capture it all here, and share my journey down this amazing road called LIFE with you!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

We did it and thank you!

Simply said, "We did it!"
$3,500 raised for Kenya. But those words don't show all the love and support that went with it. I'm amazed. I'm grateful. I'm blessed. I'm loved. I'm inspired. I'm going to Kenya because every single person that helped me took the time to say,"I believe in what you are doing," and wrote a check. Large or small, they all contributed to my journey.

A journey that God had ordained before I started. Last week, our pastor, Perry Noble, said that if you are meant to go to Kenya, God will provie the funds. God provided. The Holy Spirit worked in many and the list of supporters is long and lovely!

And so I am going to Kenya with a list of people in my pocket who made this dream come true. I have always wanted to be in the mission field. Kenya was the mission that spoke to me. I don't believe in going small, and I believe in going where it is a challenge...out of my comfort zone. Because as Christians, comfort equals complacency, and I never want to be complacent in my relationship and life with Christ.

I am no one special. There is nothing unique about me to set me apart from every one I know. But, I do know I was chosen to go on this mission, that I must go on this mission, and that work will be done through me and in me on this mission.

It's rather exciting. I'm giddy. I'm elated. I'm serving God on this planet! Through Him, I am serving others! My brothers and sisters in the far off land of Kenya.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think my desire to serve on a mission would take me to Kenya. Honestly, I started this fundraising with a bit of trepidation. My human weakness. Can I really raise all this money? Does God really want me to go? He keeps telling me He does.

And so it is with a full heart, that I thank each and every person who is supporting me financially and with prayer. Your gift has made it possible for me to fulfill a dream!

No comments: