Hi! Come on in and look around!

Welcome to my window on the world. A snapshot of my life and experiences. I'm a photography junkie and a scrapbook addict. I capture it all here, and share my journey down this amazing road called LIFE with you!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Scrapbook Magazines

I am so frustrated with the scrapbook magazines available today. CK always features the same people and the same style it seems to me. Paperkuts is way to 'beginner' for me. Making Memories just stinks. Scrapbooks Etc. is ok. Simple Scrapbooks is boring.

I went to BAM and looked at Cloth, Paper Scissors. Very interesting magazine with mixed media techniques. Not sure I want to subscribe but very altered ideas which I like. I looked at Legacy, which was terrific and very much my style. I got a terrific idea from it for an altered pin, which I plan to make and will post here. I also took at look at Stamp It! It was cute, but my favorite right now is still Paper Crafts Magazine for their variety of ideas and projects.

I have to brag on my daughter, who is currently making a scrapbook for a social studies project. Her work is very colorful and balanced. She has a knack for scrapbooking and I told her so. I hope she gives me this book for Christmas because the teacher asked alot of great questions for them to answer. I will be hand binding the book for Caitee. We made alot of fold out pages for interest as well. I bet she gets an A+ on it, but even more important is the fabulous keepsake she is making about herself!

No comments: